Unfortunately not all health services are covered by provincial healthcare. Some services are considered not medically necessary and are therefore uninsured. Patients are obligated to pay for these uninsured services.
Provincial Healthcare covers all services considered medically necessary. Those that aren’t are up to the patient to cover.
There are many types of uninsured services.
These Services Include:
• Driver’s Medical Reports
• Office visits or medical exams without a valid health care card (so remember to bring it along)
• Transferring medical records
• Third Party Insurance Forms and Reports
• Government Agency Reports
• School and Employment related reports and forms
• Medical Procedures and injections
• Various clinical administrative charges
• Treatment of some warts
• Disabled parking placard form completion
• Prospective adoptive/foster parent form completion
• Senior’s Residence form completion
Not all uninsured services are listed here. If you are unsure whether or not Alberta Health will cover your visit, please ask our helpful staff.